Gluten-Free Boozie Brownie

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

This is another experiment using Delicious Alchemy gluten-free mix. This time, I am using the brownie mix which cost only £2.99 for 400g pack!


You don't have to add anything special for an ordinary brownie that will be springy and soft, but, we all know I can't leave well alone. From the time I tasted it at the food show I knew I wanted to make this.

I went in full thruttle... 

I have a huge Mason Jar filled with mixed dried fruits that I have been soaking in booze, of all kinds. Bit of red wine left over? oh I'll just pop that in here, a little vodka and some rum from summer? no worries, I know how I can use those up - in to the jar of fruit they go. Did some one say there was gin? need I say more? yep, that's in there too. This mix and match of fruits and alcohol have been stewing for well over 7 years. 

I simply top it up with dried fruits and booze and some vanilla probably once a year or so. This I use to make Jamaican black cake, now if you have never had a Jamaican Xmas cake you have not lived! am saying this with a straight face! 

Seeing as I might well be biased in my advocation for the Jamacian black/xmas cake. Ask anyone who have tried it, who is not from Jamaica or better yet you go find someone who makes them, and then tell me it's not the best xmas cake eva! hands down.


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

There is no other cake I have come across yet that will get you drunk as a skunk from a big wedge. Yes, you read correctly, when having said cake you might as well have a wedge and go sit in a corner somewhere by yourself. Why?...you will need a wedge, because it is a guarantee you will go back for more (and this will prevent disappointment when you go back and it's all gone - I speak from experience). Secondly, being alone and sitting down means you can thoroughly enjoy it in peace and quite, plus you probably will be a touch wobbly on your feet after. 

I have gone off topic a little but it was necessary to set the scene a little, so, back to the brownies. I took 1 cup of the boozie fruit mix and whazzed it up in a blender till it was well and truly pulverised. Then used some of that in with half the brownie mix, and added in some extra dark chocolate chips (I like bitter chocolate), and used coconut oil as per most of my recipes. 

The result? 


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

A deliciously super moist and soft, flavoursome brownie, with a lovely mouth feel and dear I say a most satisfying morsel. 

I kid you NOT!

Anyhow...I've babbled enough as is already, let's get to the recipe.



Gluten-Free Boozie Brownie

Ingredients
6 brownies


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers


#As with all recipes on this blog unless otherwise stated they are my own; be kind enough to, link back to original, make, share and highlight - happy sharing #


Preparation

Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Line a cake tin with baking parchment and set a side for later.


Take a large clean mixing bowl and add the  egg and coconut oil, whisk till smooth and blended well, next add the vanilla paste and whisk again.

Put the brownie mix into another mixing bowl, preferably a deep one (or you might get flour everywhere when you start mixing). 

Slowly stir in the egg mixture into the dry brownie mix,making sure you don't have any dry lumps of brownie mix. 

Finally stir in the pureed fruit and chocolate buttons, stir well.

Pour brownie mix into the prepared baking tin, sprinkle a few chocolate buttons on top for good measure and bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes (this will depend on the depth of the cake tin used).

Check after 20 minutes using a clean knife or a clean tooth pick, if it comes out clean it's done, if not return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.




Remove from oven and leave in the tin to cool completely before removing.


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers


Once cooled, remove from the cake tin and using a knife ran under hot water slice into chunky squares - serve.
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers




Done!

If you want to make the salted caramel sauce to go on top. The recipe is HERE. You can make it whilst the brownie is baking.




 Bon Appétit!!


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers





Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!







***Disclaimer: Any of the information within this blog post and others on this site is for information and educational purposes only and is NOT intended to be taken as diagnosis, treatment, cure or  to prevent any disease. Any reader concerned about his or her health is advised to seek medical advice from their GP or relevant medical professional***

Labels: , , , , , , ,