Blogtober Series no_1: 10 Facts About Me

My dearest followers, browsers and occasional drop by guests. The month of October will see this blog taken over by the 'Blogtober Challenge' basically this will see me putting out a post everyday for this month (whaaaaat?!).  I know, I know! exciting right? Don't be alarmed the content might change a little and there will probably not be so much food or recipes for your delight, but, stick around you might learn something new on this journey with me. 

10 Facts About Me...

I am a book hoarder, I love books my favourite author is 'Terry Pratchett' first read one of his books in the back of my local library at 14 and have been hooked since (Yes, I do have a collection). This image pretty much sums me up, stack of books, and a cuppa with my cat seeking attention.


Image found on 'The Guardian' taken from Pin Interest


I am an avid 'Tea' consumer, in-fact I am having a cup right now whilst writing this post!  I have a tea cupboard, and use to think everyone had one - apparently this is NOT 'normal' ha. I collect teas, even have a few books on teas...What's not to love about tea? there is a tea for everything.


I was Vegan from early teens to late 20's, even though I now eat fish (my favourite) and meat etc these make up a small part of my diet - I still prefer to tuck into a load of veg, fruit and nuts. 


All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

I am severely dairy intolerant! but sometimes the call of the cake and fancy desserts are just too great and I give in - at the cost of being very sick for a few days, and breaking out in a rash and horrid mouth ulcers. Just look how good these look, how can I possibly work with this and not be tempted? anyway, I tell myself 'it's all for quality control' don't judge me, am a foodie after all. FYI, I made those cake stands!

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

I studied Art and Textiles before I went back to University to do a degree in Nutrition as a mature student. Still my first love, and on days out you are likely to find me in a book shop,  gallery, or both. I still make cloths and accessories if you are interested, you can see some here.
 
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers


I teach cooking and food education to children and adults as a freelance Nutritionist, something I am very passionate about. Going freelance is not easy I must say, as you're always on the lookout for your next gig (Yes, am currently looking, so if you know of anything drop me a line or two).

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

I am the proud owner of two tuxedo siamese mix cats called 'Gobli' and 'Guinness' they are very mischievous but I love them to bits, look at those faces - can't help but love them.

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers


I completed the Great South Run (2012) for cancer research, and beat my PB, it was great! windy and freezing but I would do it again.

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

I love Japanese Anime and Manga, especially the ones about cooking, or how we live with nature. My current series crush obsession is 'Shokugeki no soma' awesome cooking and mouth watering creations (that reminds me, I must check to see if the lasted version is up). Sometimes I get dressed up too (Hyper Japan 2013).

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

I like long walks and hiking

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
Walk and talk, talk and walk, the silence and occasional crunch of twigs and dried leaves under foot. The cool autumn air or hot summer sun, I like walking in any weather - well, except rain! but am known to still trek out, with good company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there you have it, short but to the point somethings you probably didn't know about me. Hope you will join me tomorrow when I will be sharing my 'Favourite Quotes' .



Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!

Labels: , ,