Blogtober Day 4: What's left on my Bucket List

Ha! well, after years of making New Year's resolutions and failing I've given up on those. However, I still dream or aspire to do some of the things below. But, above all these, I would love to get paid to eat my way around the world, now as grand as this seems I know I'd be limited to the things I could eat due to my intolerances but I'd put up a darn good fight.

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers


My Still to Do Bucket List...

Over the last year and half I've realised that I really need to see more of the UK, there are so many lovely places here within the UK I am still unaware of and would like to visit - and of course try the local cuisine. This was Ramsholt (Suffolk) a few weeks ago!
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Japan and Asia would love to not only take in the culture but learn some authentic recipes and cooking techniques, and attend a Japanese tea ceremony.
Image from Rivertea.com

Visit at least one city in South America, and or do  the Inca Trail...
Image from Incatrailperu.com

Climb a mountain or a very BIG hill - Snowdon was on the list for this year but think it will be next year now. 
Image from visit Snowdon
Find my purpose in living (again), at one point I thought I'd found it. But then the goal post changed and I think I should seek further.
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Learn French properly, for heaven's sake it's rather embarrassing that I go to france nearly every year and I still only know a few words.  Brush up on my Spanish and find a group to practice it with so that I am fluent when I visit South America.
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Write a cookbook the whole point of this blog, is for documentation, and holding me to account for this goal.
Image from Beth Bee Books  there are some really great pieces available check it out.

Setup my own tea room - with all the bells and whistles!!
All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers
Hmmm, in my head this list was waaaay longer than in reality. Seems I had already done quite abit of my list and just hadn't crossed them off. 

...I would love to hear what is on your list, perhaps we share some similarities or just encourage each other to tick off some more off those lists...

Now, I have a dinner party to attend with a Mediterranean theme. I will be making a
Caramelised  fig and orange salad. Which I have taken inspiration from Ottolenghi - Plenty More cookbook I love his work, because it is a fusion of so many flavours and taste. It is on the edge of home cooking but with enough experimentation to be with the gastro cuisines.

And this little beauty I whipped up earlier,  polenta + orange + cardamom cake - inspired by Nigel Slater recipe in the Guardian from 2005! Recipes to follow of course but for now, know that food is still a major factor of this blog.

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Have an awesome Sunday

Alicia
X



Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!

All rights to images reserved  copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers

Labels: , ,